Keeping Your Passion For Your Business Alive with Heidi Jannenga, Founder of WebPT
Dr. Heidi Jannenga, PT, DPT, ATC, is the Co-Founder and Chief Clinical Officer of WebPT, a seven-time Inc. 5000 honoree and the leading software solution for physical, occupational, and speech therapists. Heidi advises on the company’s strategic direction and product innovation, while advocating for the rehab therapy profession on an international scale. Since starting the company in 2008, Heidi has guided WebPT through several milestones, including a seed round with Canal Partners, VC round with Battery Ventures and most recently a partnership with PE firm Warburg Pincus; five acquisitions, and numerous awards, including best in KLAS, Best Places to Work and Inc.’s Top Company Culture. In 2017, Heidi was honored by Health Data Management as one of the most powerful women in IT, and she was a finalist for Ernst and Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year. In 2018, she was named the Ed Denison Business Leader of the Year at the Arizona Technology Council’s Governor’s Celebration of Innovation. She also is an active member of the YPO Scottsdale Chapter. Her proudest accomplishment is being a mom to her daughter Ava. She also enjoys traveling, hiking, Taiko drumming, and practicing yoga in her spare time.
- [02:59] Heidi shares more about WebPT and it's company culture
- [06:55] How their Core Values were born
- [08:03] Breaking down WebPT's Core Values
- [13:51] Subscribing to conscious capitalism
- [14:42] Heidi shares their experience transitioning to work from home due to COVID-19
- [17:57] How are physical therapists doing telehealth
- [20:49] Fostering empathy and flexibility with employees who are moms
- [24:32] Tracking employee productivity in light of working from home
- [28:22] Dealing with mental issues of employees within the organization
- [32:18] Getting outside capital for funding
- [38:18] How people adjust to her different shifts of position within the organization
- [44:09] How to discover your "unique ability"
- [46:45] The importance of introspection and mentorship
- [52:04] Heidi's advice for women who aren't tapping their full potential