How to Scale Up Your Business with Verne Harnish
Verne Harnish is a world-leading expert, speaker, author, and entrepreneur in the field of business growth. He has spent more than 30 years educating entrepreneurial teams. As part of his personal mission to support entrepreneurs, he co-founded Growth Institute, a premier online training company that has helped mid-market companies in over 50 countries learn and implement the latest business methodologies.
He also founded the world-renowned Entrepreneurs' Organization (EO) and chaired for 15 years EO's premier CEO program, the "Birthing of Giants", held at MIT. Verne is also the Founder and CEO of Scaling Up, a global executive education and coaching company with over 180 partners on six continents,
Known as the "Growth Guy" syndicated columnist, Verne is also a regular columnist for Fortune magazine. He's the author of Scaling Up, Mastering the Rockefeller Habits and, along with the editors of Fortune, authored The Greatest Business Decisions of All Time, for which Jim Collins wrote the foreword.
With his expertise in high demand, Verne chairs annual Growth Summits in North America, Europe, and Asia and continues to teach in the MIT-based executive program he founded. He is also a private investor in many scaleups.
Residing in Barcelona, Spain, he's married with four children and enjoys piano, tennis, and magic as a card-carrying member of the International Brotherhood of Magicians.
- [02:41] How US companies differ in their ability to scale vs companies around the world
- [04:41] What do American companies have that other companies don't and vice-versa
- [06:19] Verne talks about the Valleys of Death in how companies grow
- [08:34] Why scaling up is scary and the 3 barriers to scaling your business
- [10:55] Verne shares his thoughts about AI and its impact on businesses
- [14:20] How can a small to mid-sized business start applying AI/Machine learning
- [17:43] The biggest take-aways that entrepreneurs can get from his MIT program
- [20:53] Verne's opinion about "leaders are readers"
- [22:56] New books that Verne recommends
- [24:32] Leadership Development, Marketing Effectiveness, and Scalable Infrastructure
- [31:18] How unicorn companies hit inflection point half the time compared to most companies
- [40:01] Verne's CEO Bootcamp, Scaling Up Summit, and other products