Forming High-Performance Habits with Matt Phillips of Pro Athlete Advantage
Matt Phillips is the Founder & CEO of Pro Athlete Advantage and is regarded as one of the leading experts on human performance and mental toughness development in the world.
A former professional baseball player in Austria’s Bundesliga (first league) and Division-1 baseball player in the United States, Matt discovered that peak performance requires a dominant “inner game”. Using his Mental Toughness approach, Matt teaches business leaders and professional athletes how to systematically build their confidence, focus, emotional control, and energy so they can take their game to the next level.
- [01:15] Matt shares his backstory
- [07:00] How to not tie your identity with what you do and sticking to your core
- [08:11] Matt's advice for people who sold their businesses and are searching for the next thing
- [09:25] The concept of Confidence Focus Control Energy Consistent Habits
- [14:01] Matt's top tips on how to build your confidence -
- [17:40] Matt digs deeper about control and why it's emotional
- [21:44] A common trait that holds people back to success -
- [29:32] Matt's upcoming Momentum Journal
- [31:55] Chanie's entrepreneur book club and why it's essential
- [34:26] Why calendar schedules should be non-negotiable
- [36:10] Closing thoughts and High Performance School,